Tuesday, January 1, 2013

one word resolution!

Well its the first day of a new year and of course that means new year resolutions! This year I discovered My One Word and I am excited to be participating!



The idea is that our resolutions seldom work because they are based on the type of person we’re tired of being rather than who God wants us to become. Plus, resolutions can be “broken,” leaving no room for the process of growth. What if our hopes for the year ahead centered instead on who God wants us to become?

So what is my word for this year? Grateful. After 2012's struggles, I am certainly learning to live each day in "ceaseless praise" for the way God provided for my little family! I want to be intentional about finding the blessings in the mundane and simple. I want to choose joy even on the days that I don't feel grateful or joyful. And I want to be satisfied with the many blessings I have been given and not yearn for unnecessary things. 

But of course, lots of other words popped into my mind too! Such as ..
  • Create - I want to create more! This blog was the first thing I wanted to create! More crafts! More home improvements! More photographs! More "kodak" moments!
  • Exercise - I know, I know, its cliche, but true!
  • Enjoy - goes along with being grateful - simply enjoying my husband, my babies at school, my family, the simple moments.
  • Adventure- ahh I think I have wanderlust! I want to experience more places, local and far away!

Thats all for now! Wishing you many blessings in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment