Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Creative DIY gift wrapping

What happens when you combine plain brown kraft paper with your presents? The most adorable, creative,  DIY embellished gift wrap! I'm excited to share with you today how this year I personalized simple kraft paper to give it my own unique look.

Since we travel away from our home for Christmas I do not wrap presents until I get to North Carolina. Easier to pack and you don't have to worry about squishing anything or ruining wrapping paper. I did manage though to make it here without my any other wrapping supplies except my kraft paper! However, I made it work with the the materials that were on hand and I borrowed some ribbon!

Pinterest was FULLLL of inspiration for this project .. check out some of my favorite's below!

 Sources clockwise from the top:

 Sources clocwise from the top:

When I saw the thumbprint reindeer and Christmas lights I knew I had to make them! So I ended up using markers to color my thumb and creating both of these looks for the kids packages. These are my absolute favorite .. love how they turned out!

I was also a big fan of the gift tags also made from kraft paper. I simply drew myself a template and cut out enough for each of my gifts. I decided to use first initials so I drew those on my gift tags and attached them to the packages using ribbon. 

For the rest of my packages I used an assortment of some of the ideas above .. and a few not pictured. I added ribbon, pieces of regular wrapping paper, paint to make polka dots, and snowflakes. The snowflakes were so easy to make .. I just followed these instructions:


And here is how they all turned out:



My hubby says I spent way too much time .. but it was fun!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment