Sunday, June 28, 2015

DIY scarf organization

So, is it just me or summer already flying by? The many projects on my list just seem to be getting longer, not shorter! However, I have completed one that I want to share with you today!

Trying to figure out the best way to store scarves can be tricky! I saw the following idea on Pinterest several years ago and thought it sounded great.... until I kept continuously breaking hangers because the shower curtain rings pulled it down and made the scarves heavier, plus they slid around everywhere and all ended up on one side. Therefore, it ended up being a Pinterest fail!


However, I still needed some way to store my scarves. I've tried several different ways, but I saw another Pinterest project that used towel rods mounted to the back of a closet door. Another genius idea! This might work!


However, I wasn't able to find inexpensive 18 inch rods, but as I was walking through Wal-Mart I happened to spot the really cheap curtain rods. Score! At 94 cents a piece I figured they were worth a try.


The hubby put them up on the back of our coat closet door while I cleaned out my scarves. All that was left was to tie them on. I also ended up using an extra basket I had from the Dollar Tree to roll the scarves up that wouldn't work on the rod, such as my blanket scarves.




If you are not sold on this idea, check out some of the other options I found:


Sources clockwise from top: (1) (2) (3) (4)

Happy organizing!

1 comment:

  1. Genius idea, it look so easy, it's cheap and i suppose very easy to find the scarf you want to wear.

    Carpet cleaning Leicestershire

    ReplyDelete