Monday, July 22, 2013

Guest Bedroom: DIY Pallet Artwork

Happy Sunday ya'll! Well at least for a few more minutes .. its always so late when I finally make it around to blogging!

This weekend the hubby and did ALOT of things around the house, spent some time volunteering at church, and some window shopping. Last night we took Senior Pictures for one of my hubby's youth. But tomorrow morning we are headed the to BEACH! I'm excited!

On Friday I finished my DIY pallet artwork for my guest bedroom. This room is most definitely in progress as we have some extra money! Anyway, after searching through Pinterest, I came up with some inspiration:


Source: J House Tawk

No link available for source. 

Here is my version:


My hubby put together the boards for me and I stained them with some left over stain. The color is Dark Walnut. (Tip: Don't stir the stain or the color will be much darker). I used a combination of freehand and a stencil for the words. 

And here is how it looks in my room:



Right now, the room is missing a headboard, curtains, coordinating accessories, and really needs different nightstands. But I LOVE my bedspread. It came from Kohls. My walls are a dark gray. I really didn't like the color when I first painted it, but it has grown on me! The plan is to DIY a headboard from wood in the same color as my pallet artwork. I would love to add some sheer yellow curtains, but I haven't found any yet in the right color. The nightstands that are in here are the ones we moved from our bedroom when we got new ones .. they either need a makeover or a new home! I also want to do some fun white mirrors either over the nightstands or the headboard. Like I said, a work in progress!


From the front. This bedroom is pretty small! 

Well I am headed to bed so I can get up bright and early tomorrow! Yay for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment