Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Fireplace Update

I've got to give my hubby props ya'll! He has been busily completing my list of home update projects with little help from me! Some of these projects have really been one person jobs or he is just better at it!

Last week my hubby updated our fireplace. While looking through the Lowe's ad one day a few weeks ago, I saw a product called AirStone. We had been looking for some stone that we could put around our boring fireplace, so I did some research on AirStone. I came across this blog post at In My Own Style and was sold! Diane provided a great tutorial and served as our inspiration for this budget friendly project!

Here is our fireplace before .. boring, builder grade.


Our materials. We just needed 1 box of straight edged stone. We chose the Autumn Mountain color. 


Here is the fireplace mid-process.


And the finished product!


Obviously, it needs logs! Perhaps soon! We debated about if we should try to do something to the black hearth, but we have left it for now.

This project is a true weekend project .. a few hours and you have a new space!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment