Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A DIY Halloween

Hey ya'll!

I'm so glad Monday is behind us and we are almost to Wednesday! Shew .. my class this year .. they are challenging. And exhausting!

Originally, hubby and I had planned on camping this past weekend, but where we wanted to camp was full so instead we settled for a local hike at Arabia Mountain. I'll share about that adventure another day!

Today I have some DIY projects aimed at Halloween! In our neighborhood, Halloween is a BIG deal and hundreds of trick-or-treaters come from all over. Last year we had a party for my hubby's youth and went trick or treating with them. 

 On the menu was: Mummy Dogs, Pumpkin Ricecrispies, Candy Corn Cupcakes (they were orange, yellow, and white) and Witches Brew.


Also making a debut at our party was my DIY Milkjug Ghosts. One of the oldest crafts in the book, (didn't even need Pinterest) but I received all kind of compliments on them!


Also painted this pumpkin with our monogram last year.


And here are the trick-or-treaters:

 Some of my hubby's youth.


Moving on to new projects this year:

First up, DIY Wooden Ghosts


These super simple ghosts are too cute! I used left over wooden blocks which Justin cut to the correct size for me. I then painted them white and used black paint for the faces. This idea came from: Garden Junk.

Next, and probably my favorite, DIY Pallet Sign

Simply paint your pallets orange and copy the lettering! This idea is from Home Heart Craft.

And last, DIY Halloween Glass Jars


Another easy project! Take a mason jar, empty pasta jar, baby food jar, whatever you have, and simply paint them! Add a tealight and you're done! For the mummy I used crepe paper and homemade modgepodge. These ideas were inspired by: Crafts Redesigned and Pinterest (my other picture didn't link back to a website).

Please notice my egg carton spiders .. yes, yes, I teacher 4-5 year olds. Haha!

That's all for today. As you get ready for Halloween, remember to Eat, Drink, and Be Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment