Monday, December 2, 2013

With a Grateful Heart


With a grateful heart my Thanksgiving Break has come an end. I'm full of good food and my heart is full of blessings!

After spending some time last week cleaning, decorating, and crafting, Wednesday evening my hubby and I headed to North Carolina to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families.

But first we kicked off the Christmas season by volunteering at the Operation Christmas Child processing center here in Atlanta! We have been doing this with our church for a number of years and it is one my favorite events of the Holiday season. The boxes we processed are headed to the Dominican Republic.




Thursday was of course spent cooking and eating with lots of family! I also had my first experience with true Black Friday (Brown Thursday?) shopping and I didn't even have to get up early! Not too bad!

Friday morning Justin headed out to deer camp. Saturday my family and I headed to Asheville, NC for Christmas at the Biltmore Estate. We're lucky to have a cousin who works there who gets us complimentary tickets from time to time! It is gorgeous!







Sunday we watched the annual Christmas Parade and unfortuntly had to head back to Georgia. Back to the real world. But only 14 more days until Christmas break!

I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment