Friday, January 31, 2014

organization: creating a home management binder

Hi friends!

This is day 4 of no school and pretty much being home bound .. we did get out yesterday for a little bit and hopefully we will have some human interaction this evening! Snow is beautiful but I really didn't expect to still be at home today. I'll share about our snow adventures a little later!

The up side is that I have been working on one of my projects for January (yes I realize that it is the last day of January!) and I am ready to share it with  you. Presenting:


This has been on my "Master to do list" for a while now and I had decided that January was the time. Some of the sections still need a little work, but it is off to a good start. I used LOTS of different resources in creating my binder so I will try to include them all as references.

To get started all you need is a binder, printer, hole punch, dividers, page protectors, and something to write with.

I chose 10 different sections for my binder.

1. Calendar


This section is pretty simple - just add 12 months worth of calendars and fill out as needed! I got mine from 30 Handmade Days.

2. To Do 

Included in this section is:

3. Schedules

Included in this section is :
  • My school calendar and information
  • Justin's school calendar and information
  • Church calendar 
If you have kids or other activities going on this is where you could place sports schedule and other information.

4. Menu Planning


You can check out how I do my menu planning here. In this section is simply my Menu Planner from Pin Pickles Studio. Here is another option for menu planning from Organized Home.

I might decide to add a master list of recipe ideas, we will see!

5. Organizing and Cleaning


 I consulted A LOT of different sites for this section and finally came up with my own lists! I included:
  • Weekly Cleaning List
  • Monthly Cleaning List
  • Spring/Fall/Seasonal Deep Cleaning List
I also printed  lists from Living Well Spending Less and included them as well. If you have kids, add chore lists. I personally do not do laundry each day or clean a different section of my house each day either, but I also don't have kids and I prefer to have my house clean all at once!

6. Finances and Bills

I have shared how I organize my bills and budget before here. This area is still a work in progress and I hope to share some updates in the next few weeks!

7. Health and Fitness

In this section I included:

8.Gifts

In this section I included a list of birthday's and when it gets closer to Christmas I plan on adding these gift planners.

9. Contacts

I have yet to do this, but I am going to put together a list of addresses and contact information for family and friends.

10. Home and Auto


In this section I included:

And there you have it! Home binders are meant to meet your needs, so decide what works for you! I am sure mine will grow and change as my needs change and as I see what works and what doesn't work. I am already thinking about adding another section for Travel.


Here are some other resources and inspiration I used when planning out my binder:

30 Handmade Days
The Nest Effect
Moms By Heart
Organized Home
Dimplicity Craft Blog
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Money Saving Mom

I am also linking up at A Bowl Full of Lemons








No comments:

Post a Comment