Friday, March 21, 2014

DIY rustic wedding centerpieces

Hi friends,

I am continuing today with my wedding series by sharing our DIY centerpieces! We got married just before Pinterest, so I spent hours looking around on the internet for different ideas and saving pictures to my computer. Oh how Pinterest has revolutionized wedding planning!

We got married on a farm and our reception was in a barn (a really beautiful barn!) so we definitely wanted more rustic touches.Ya'll, I had to have 36 centerpieces. That is a lot. And that can get expensive! I came across wood slices on Etsy and birch wood candles and thought, hmm, I wonder if Justin could make these?

We decided to do 3 different arrangements of mason jars and birch wood candles, each on a wooden disk. And Justin, with some help from his Dad and a family friend, made all of the wooden disks and candles! My family took care of the mason jars, which we embellished with ribbon, and filled them with blue glass beads from my sister-in-law's wedding and flowers or candles. I think the candles may have come from my sister-in-law as well! I also added some petals from Micheal's that I bought with coupons.




All photos by Mozingo Photography

So there you have it, inexpensive centerpieces that are beautiful and rustic as well! We received so many compliments on them and people actually wanted to take them home. In fact, I have set of the candles in my living room and one of the wooden disks is on my dining room table right now!

In hindsight I would have added a table runner from burlap and used touches of lace as well, but I hadn't yet discovered burlap!

Check out these other inspirational pictures of similar centerpieces from Pinterest! There are so many it is hard to choose which ones to share.


Sources clockwise from top to bottom:

You can find my first post in my wedding series here, which is a simple overview of our wedding!

I am linking up at Wedding Wednesday! 



3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty as well! I love these centerpieces. So rustic, which fits great with the barn you had. This really is pretty perfect!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are so great! How awesome that your family could make the candles and wooden disks! I like yours better than the ones on Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete