Wednesday, March 19, 2014

the wedding series

Hi ya'll!

Welcome to the wedding series! This is the first post in a mini series I will be sharing about our wedding- advice, DIY projects, and inspiration for bride's to be!

I want to start by sharing a little about our own wedding. We were married in June of 2011, just a couple weeks after I graduated college and a few weeks before Justin started a brand new job in a brand new town. Not to mention that after making the move a few weeks later that I started my first job as a teacher and Justin began seminary! Whew.. when we do change, we go big ya'll!

Justin and I are high school sweethearts .. we began dating when I was 15. Can you believe that? We have truly grown up together and I felt like I had waited forever to marry my best friend! It was certainly one of the best days of life!

 We were married at McGuire's Millrace Farm in Murphy, NC. The location was beautiful- I had always wanted an outdoor wedding in June. Our reception was in a barn. It was also one of the hottest days of the entire year!

Our colors were fushia and orange (our favorite colors at the time) and I tried to use lots of rustic, summer touches to fit our location and season. My flowers were Gerber daisies and were in fact the very inspiration behind our color scheme and many other elements of our wedding.

My wedding dress came from David's Bridal and according to them was the heaviest dress in entire store! It was completely covered in lace and beads and I love how it sparkled in the sunlight. How could you not glow?! 

Our music was a little nontraditional- the wedding party walked in to Canon and D, which then turned into the bridal march for me, but it was all on the acoustic guitar. My husband is a guitar player and to be honest I just do not like the traditional, piano bridal march, so this fit us very well. Two friends of ours also sang 2 songs, "When God Made You" by Newsong and "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West. Beautiful songs.

Our reception was fairly short -- you must understand that most weddings without alcohol are a bit different in this sense in the mountains- and consisted of a video of us growing up, a buffet of finger foods, some light dancing, and the great send off!

So Justin had decided it would be romantic to plan our honeymoon without me! It was surprise until just before our wedding when someone accidentally let it slip! Don't worry, he did well -- we honeymooned in Montego Bay, Jamaica at a Sandals Resort.

And without further ado, here are some pictures by our awesome photographers, Mozingo Photography! Warning- there is a lot, and this is only a small sample!



























Come back for more wedding inspiration!

I am linking up at Wedding Wednesday! 


3 comments:

  1. Aww these pictures are great! Congrats on getting married (even though it was 3 years ago!) I love your location...so pretty!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so beautiful! I love your location, dress, colors, flowers...all of it! You were a stunning bride!

    ReplyDelete