Monday, February 23, 2015

Home Organization: Manuals and Receipts Binder

New year .. new organization projects! (I kind of love it! Besides, what else is there to do when you end up with a snow week??)

Paper clutter .. it can take over if you are not careful to stay on top of it. I've got a simple solution for storing all of those manuals, warranties, and important receipts that you can never find when you need them!

I began this project by gathering my materials (2 large notebooks, dividers, clear page protectors), decided which manuals I actually needed, and then sorted them into different categories. I ended up with 8 categories:
  •  Appliances
  • Kitchen
  • Instruments
  • Electronics
  • House/Building Information
  • Furniture
  • Garage/Workshop
  • Miscellaneous 
Then, I grabbed my notebooks and placed all of the manuals with their appropriate warranties or receipts into individual page protectors. I added my labels to the dividers and printed out a cover page.






That's it! For this project I was inspired by Imperfect Homemaking , Real Simple, and Making Lemonade.

What are some ways you tame the paper clutter in your home?

Linking up today at: A Bowl Full of Lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment