Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Garage Make Over!

Today I am sharing our garage makeover we completed a couple of weeks ago. Our garage has been driving me crazy for months .. we had a shelving unit that was fairly organized, but the rest was pretty much in a big pile in the corner! Besides some space in our attic, this is our only storage space in our little house. Luckily my hubby received a bike organizing system and a tool organizing system for Christmas. So we got to work and took everything out of the garage and placed it into categories! Unfortunately the only things we could get rid of were some really old paint balls and a pair of shoes! My hubby insists he needs all of these tools .. even though they all the look the same to me.





In these pictures you can see our piles of stuff in our driveway and the empty garage. The red tool storage chest was a second hand find from my in-law's and the wood storage rack also came from them.








And here are the after pictures! It may not be magazine worthy, but it is much, much better than before and what our budget would allow! I love the bike storage (except now I am too short to get my bike down!) We didn't need all of the shelving space for wood on the wood rack so we used one shelf for other things. I wish I had nicer containers for our recycling but maybe one day I will get one of those neat systems that stack up on each other! The bike storage and the tool storage are both Rubbermaid Fast Track and can be found at Lowes and Home Depot.

That's all for today!




No comments:

Post a Comment