Sunday, April 14, 2013

Front Yard Reveal

Today I want to share with you our finished front yard! A few weeks ago my hubby ripped out all of the overgrown bushes and we bagged up all of the old mulch. We then laid down landscaping fabric, which had to be redone thanks to the hail damage we suffered! Finally, we were able to plant some new small shrubs and flowers!

Here is a before picture, taken when we moved in (June 2012):

Here are some pictures in process:



Ahhh it looks so much better without those bushes! As you can see we also added some furniture since last June as well!

Here are the afters:

 We planted some knockout roses, a flowering almond tree, some shrubs, and some flowers. I do not remember if the exact names of the shrubs! Please ignore the tarps on our roof ... but we get a new roof this week!





 I had been wanting a barrel planter forever .. but was unwilling to pay full price for it! We found this one at Lowes for half price!




This hangs on my front door and is something I made last summer. The idea came from Pintrest but unfortunately doesn't have link. I simply wrapped a letter from Micheal's with twine and added some decoration!

We've gotten lots of compliments and we are happy with our work! We also planted a small garden in our backyard this weekend! I sure do hope that that our plants grow.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment