Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cozy Reading Nook

Every year when we put up our Christmas tree we have to remove a chair from our living room. We have been placing it in our bedroom and every year the hubby starts talking about how we need a chair there year round!

So this year I even went so far as to put up some artwork that had been needing a home, and ta-da, a cozy reading nook was made!


So, what do you think? Should we look for a chair to place here? Or is the room too crowded now?  (Truth be told, Justin has a chair picked out but I am not sure I want that one!)




I know, we have that big old window seat there we could use for a reading area ... however .. I have looked at fabric and haven't found any that I want plus I have no idea how to make a cushion!

One piece of the artwork I hung was a DIY project inspired by this piece I found on Pinterest:


Here is my version:



I simply painted an old frame I found at Goodwill, covered the cardboard piece with burlap, and used some left over flowers from another project that coordinate with our room. So easy! The other picture was a gift from my hubby for our anniversary!

So for now I am looking forward to spending a few cozy nights reading in my new area .. and we'll see if it is here to stay! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment