Saturday, December 14, 2013

DIY Snowmen Ornaments

It's another rainy Saturday but it is cozy in my little house! Too bad its not snow. After doing some cleaning this morning I am about to head out to finish my Christmas shopping and for a date with the hubby!

Most people have that one Christmas item they particularly love. My mother-in-law has hundreds, yes hundreds, of Santas. I am quite fond of snowmen myself so when I came across these adorable snowmen ornaments on Pinterst I knew I had to make some for myself!

1) Bottle Cap Snowman
This little snowman is super cute and made from recycled materials! Save some bottle caps, paint them white, and then use a sharpie or paint to add buttons and a carrot nose! I used hot glue for the ribbon. Inspiration from: What I Live For.


2) Lightbulb Snowman
This another super cute ornament from recycled materials. An old lightbulb gets new life. First I used homemade mod podge (glue and water) and covered the lightbulb in glitter. Then I found some sticks outside and used hot glue to attach them. I used fabric paint to add a nose, buttons, and eyes. I have also seen some where people add a strip of fabric for a scarf. Inspiration from: Kelsey Bang.


3) Clear Glass Snowman Ornament
There are so many way to use clear glass ornaments. For this project I filled the ornament partially up with fake snow and then used fabric paint to add the face. If your feeling really crafty use pom pom balls and a fuzzy stick to add ear muffs to your snowman! Inspiration from: Craft Elf.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment