Sunday, June 1, 2014

for the love of weekends

Hello friends,

Long time, no blog!  I know its an excuse, but time has just slipped away from me!

My weeks have been crazy as school as has wound down .. conferences, Pre-K graduation, and assessments have taken up my days (and nights!). Justin spent a week at Lake Junaluska in NC for New Pastor Orientation and my household duties have been put somewhat on the back burner too.

Our weekends have been full as well .. and exhausting. I am worn. out.

Here's a few highlights from the last few weeks: 

1) 2 weeks ago we put our house on the market. We had an offer the next day and ended up selling it in 4 days for above asking! It was a blessing we were not expecting at all ... I hadn't even had time to worry about it yet! We are going to be able to (almost) pay off Justin's loans from seminary!


2) Date night at Barnes and Noble - cozy cafe and a good books, what more do you need?


3) Geranium Festival in downtown McDonough - figured it was our last chance to check it out! Lots of craft booths, good food, and flowers!



4) Evening strolls with my hubby. 



5) A few new decor pieces - I have raved about Garden Ridge before, and I'll encourage you to check it out again. Recently the company changed names to At Home - basically the same just a little more organized. It is a home decor haven!


Old fashioned milk jug and pitcher.. love it!

6) Highschool graduation - attended the graduation of 2 of my hubby's youth and spent time celebrating with them! 



7)) Memorial Day weekend in North Carolina -we hung at Lake Chatuge and spent time with family! Check out my in-laws new puppy!





8) 12 hour roadtrip to Greensboro, NC -this past Friday afternoon we hit the road to meet with Justin's new church and do some house searching. It was a quick trip and a long drive! We are so grateful though for the hospitality we were shown - we feel loved on already! By Saturday night we were back home to prepare for a busy Sunday at church. 1 month until moving day!



Lunch at a local icon - Yum Yum Better Ice Cream!

9) And last but not least, today we celebrated all of the the seniors at church with blessings, dinner, and a special worship and youth meeting. 

And that my friends is a small update as we say goodbye to May and hello to summer! My last day at my  job is tomorrow and then the packing must begin! Have a blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment