Tuesday, July 29, 2014

DIY wooden box centerpiece

Hi ya'll!

It has been so long since I have shared a DIY or home project .. to be honest there hasn't been much creating or decorating going on here! The end of school, traveling, and moving took over for a few months.  We are now settled in to our new temporary home in Greensboro, but because we will not be staying here long term I'm not decorating .. my walls are bare, my windows are bare, and it all feels a little empty. Instead, I am planning and pinning my vision for our next, long term home!

However, I currently have all of this free time, and what better way to spend it then on some long forgotten projects?

The hubby had built me a wooden box to use as a centerpiece forever ago. So long ago that I won't tell you because it is embarrassing! It is a super easy, inexpensive project that can be completed using just 1 piece of wood or leftover scraps! Shanty 2 Chic has a step by step tutorial you can check out here!

 I finally got around to staining it and discovered the reason that my dining room table didn't turn out the color we had envisioned. Turns out the brand does matter- big time. So if you want true dark walnut stain, you MUST get Rusteloem!

I'm really excited about my wooden box centerpiece. There are so many different ways it can be styled and used for every season! Check out some of my favorite inspiration from Pinterest:


Sources clockwise from the top: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

And here is my centerpiece in its current, empty, undecorated state:



Linking up today at:
Ladybug Blessings
Coastal Charm

1 comment:

  1. So many ideas! I have a small box just like this that I used to use to store my oil, vinegar, salt & pepper next to my cooktop. I'd like to use it for something else, though, so I'll be interested to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete