Wednesday, July 30, 2014

my wedding do-all-over-agains

 Happy Wedding Wednesday ya'll!

I'm linking up today at Little Bit of Class Little Bit of Sass and Belle in Boots!

Several months ago I came across a post from Avoiding Atrophy with some thoughts on what the blogger would keep and change about her own wedding. She called it her wedding do-overs and her wedding do-all-over-agains. I thought it was a fun idea and wanted to join in myself!

While I loved our wedding, Pinterest became a big thing just a few months after we said "I do." We all know how much I love Pinterest and I can't help but pin a few (hundred) ideas to my secret wedding board! However, my wedding do-overs are another post entirely (see: next week) for today I am focusing on the absolute, sure fire things that I would NOT change about our wedding!

My wedding do-all-over-agains!

1) Our location: The beautiful McGuire's Millrace Farm in Murphy, NC.



The Farm offers several different outdoor locations to have your ceremony and if it rains the barn is a gorgeous back up.

2) I would wear this dress, with this veil, and these earrings.



I sure did (do) love my lace dress from David's Bridal! I am so glad I kept it simple and true to myself with an understated veil and earrings.

3) Gerber Daises.

Gerber daises are my favorite flower and I love how they come in most any color. We used them in centerpieces, on our cake, lining the aisle, and in our bouquets.


4) I would choose the same music.


We went a bit on the nontraditional route when it came to our music. We have some very talented friends. In fact, Justin played in a band with several of them. We choose Canon in D for when the wedding party walked in, which turned into the wedding march for when I walked down the aisle, but it was all on the guitar. We also had the songs When God Made You and When I Said I Do during our ceremony, both on guitar. (Now only if I had known someone who plays the violin - the two together are so beautiful!)

5) Tan tuxes.


I'm pretty sure nothing says "summer wedding" more then tan tuxes. And don't they look handsome?!

6) Rustic touches, such as mason jars, wooden discs, birch wood candles, wooden signs, etc.

At the last minute we even wrapped the staircase in the barn with tulle and lights and it really added to the space. I only wish we had done more!



7) Most importantly, I would marry this guy, every. single. time. And I will continue to choose him each and every day.



 Next week: wedding do-overs! In the mean time more wedding inspiration can be found here!


2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful in these photos - I wouldn't change a thing, either, if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your venue and your dress! Looks like a perfect wedding!

    ReplyDelete