Wednesday, August 27, 2014

my [possible] wedding do-overs: part 2


Happy Wedding Wednesday friends!

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my last post .. I see you all love beautiful rustic touches as much as I do! :) After sharing about my Wedding Do-All-Over-Agains and Part 1 of my Wedding Do-Overs, I have just a few more ideas for you today as possible changes to my own wedding 3 years ago!

Like before, this is basically a peek into my secret wedding Pinterest board .. you know you have one too!

Picking up where we left off with number 6 ...

7) Arbor Decorations

This was another idea that was tossed around and talked about but we ultimately decided that the arbor we got married under didn't need any additional decorations (see here). We decided that the natural environment and flowers we had lining the aisle were enough. However, I love the idea of adding burlap, a wooden sign, or flowers for something extra!


8) Notes and Advice from Guests

I have come across several unique ideas for soliciting notes and advice from guests. The date night jar idea is my favorite!


9) Photo Booth

I really wanted to do a photo booth, but it simply wasn't in the budget! It would have been so fun for both us and our guests! Check out this link for some fabulous ideas!


10) Lemonade Stand

How fun would that have been? Lemonade could have been offered either before the ceremony in the shade (our wedding day was super hot for June!) or during the  "cocktale hour" between the ceremony and reception.


11) Small Touches

There are lots of smaller touches and details that I would loved to have included if I had come across these ideas earlier! Such as ..


Displaying family wedding photos. I actually did have this idea and even brought them with me, but our guest book table didn't have room. At my friend's wedding she used an old window to display family wedding photos with the date underneath- I loved it!

 Mason jar glasses- how cute are these!


Pretty, personalized hangers for all of the girls and  bride! A beautiful dress deserves something nice to hang on!

A "Here comes the bride" sign for my ring bearer. So precious!


Chalkboard menu and labels.


Monogram on the barn door.


Rustic place settings.


 Lights in additional places. It would have beautiful in that barn .. but we did have lights around the stairs.

  
Additional wooden signs or chalkboards or windows with quotes or other information. I simply adore them!


12) Timeline card 

I'm not sure why my organizing self didn't think of this,  but it is brilliant. Everyone would know exactly where to be and what needs to be done .. your wedding coordinator would thank you!



And that's all for now .. I once again feel as if I must assure you that I enjoyed my wedding and I'm in no way regretful! :)

Linking up today at:
Little Bit of Sass, Little of Class

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and all of the fun ideas! Date night ideas sound so fun! I wish I would have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exceptionally instructive substance and composed well for a change. It's pleasant to see that a few individuals still see how to compose a quality post!  The Best Line Dance Songs for Weddings

    ReplyDelete