Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: non-traditional wedding music!

It's Wedding Wednesday!

I'm linking up today with  Chits and Giggles to bring you some musical ideas for your wedding!

You may remember that for my own wedding we didn't go the mega traditional route and choose hymns or the Wedding March. We choose contemporary Christian songs for the ceremony and our first dance and our processional music was Canon in D on the guitar. Before the ceremony we also had a few of our favorite wedding appropriate songs played on guitar.


Depending on your location, religious preferences, and just personal taste, there are a so many different choices for music! There is no need to feel limited to the traditional musical choices when it is so easy to make it more personal. You can even consider using candid music on a CD, but I will admit I prefer live music. Basically, the acustic or instrumental version of most any song will work .. Vitamin String Quartet is a great resource!

With that in mind, I've rounded up a few nontraditional songs or artists that would be great at any time in your wedding- ceremony, first dance, etc. Check out the list below!

1) All of Me by John Legend.
Popular song yes, but its quite beautiful!


2) Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath



3) A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
My friend walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of this song- I absolutely loved it!


4) Forever Love or A Hundred More Years by Francesa Battistelli
Francesa is one my favorite artists and these songs are in my top favorites from her!




5) Love is Not  a Fight by Warren Benfield


6)  Two Is Better Than One by BoysLikeGirls and Taylor Swift
Sweet song .. perfect for a duet.


7) Marry Me by Train- acoustic version
Perhaps a beautiful first dance song?


Or walk down the aisle to this instrumental version of Marry Me using the violin and guitar:


 8) The Marriage Prayer by John Waller
A perfect wedding ceremony song!


9) Marry You by Bruno Mars
The traditional version is beautiful, but, check out this instrumental version I found using the violin and piano .. I love it!


10) Canon in D Instrumental using violin and guitar
My all time favorite- classical with a new twist! We used this song just on the guitar .. if only I had known a violinist at the time!


What are you favorite non-traditional wedding songs?
For more wedding inspiration, click the link above!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I had some great ideas, and since I was married in a Catholic Church, they are very strict on what you can and cannot play. I wasn't really disappointed in this, I understood, and couldn't have been happier in how it turned out. I was able to pick cantors, trumpeters, etc. I can't wait to see the video on the final product. The day was such a blur!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend whose first dance was the duet version of A Thousand Years and it was beautiful! I also LOVE Sara Bareilles's I Choose You!

    ReplyDelete