Sunday, January 11, 2015

DIY budget fireplace update!

Happy Sunday friends!

The hubby finished up a small project that makes a big impact this past Friday that I am excited to share with you! You may remember in our first house in Georgia we use Airstone to update our fireplace surround. We have duplicated this project and I love the results .. I think it may look even better in this house!


Here is our living when we first moved with the boring builder grade fireplace. I immediately wanted the built in space gone- our TV would not fit there and it dates the space. So, with some studs and dry wall Justin moved the outlet and closed it in. We chose Perfect Greige by Sherwin Williams as our paint color. True to the name, it is the perfect cross between gray and beige! 

We chose the Autumn Mountain color of Airstone in the natural edge this time. For around $70 and a just a few hours of time you can have a brand new fireplace!




Now .. how should I decorate my mantle?? :)

Linking up with:
Thrifty Thursday


2 comments:

  1. You make adding a fireplace into your home look simple. I can't believe how wonderful it looks and how well it fits into the living space. It isn't too big or too small, just the right size to gather some friends around and have a great conversation. I really enjoy the tile on the front. Be sure to keep up the work and post pictures once you decide what to put on the mantle.

    Carry Scanlon @ Chim Chimney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this idea. I will have to get my husbands attention on one of his day's off from work and talk him into helping me with this project. I really am getting sick of the way our fireplace looks because it is really so plain looking. DIY projects are truly the best because they are cheaper and you get a sense of accomplishment when they are done.

    Lindsey Mckenzie @ Buchanan Fire And OutDoor

    ReplyDelete