Friday, February 27, 2015

spring centerpiece

There may be snow on the ground still, but I am dreaming of Spring. So much so that I decided it was time to change out my table centerpiece! 


I first showed you this wooden box several months ago (see here) and shared some inspirational photos with different ways to decorate with it. I was inspired by a Shanty 2 Chic tutorial to have my husband put together this super budget friendly box from wood scraps. Check out my previous post for lots of ideas for how to decorate with it!

This time I decided to use mason jars and hydrangeas from At Home to decorate for Spring. I added a little bit of jute around the box as well.





Our farmhouse table was a DIY project (pre-blog days) that my husband made a few years ago. The original plans came from Knock Off Decor and is a Pottery Barn/Restoration Hardware inspired project. It didn't quite turn out the exact color we had in mind, but maybe one day we will update it again. :)



This is such a pretty area with the windows, but besides hanging up curtains, we have yet to tackle anything in our kitchen and dining room. We have big plans this summer to update our cabinets, change out out the counter tops, paint, and of course decorate!

This one little change already makes it seem brighter and warmer ... Spring I am ready for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment