Friday, July 31, 2015

bump date! Week 26

Hi friends!

Almost 2 months have passed since sharing the news on here that we were expecting a baby in November. A few weeks later we found out at our Gender Reveal party that Baby Cabe was a girl! Today marks week 26 of pregnancy and Baby Cabe officially has a name!

 Introducing: Makynli Grace


Choosing a name was actually not very difficult, but deciding how to spell it took many weeks of thought. The traditional spelling is McKinley, like the mountain, but we wanted something a little different. The teacher in me was weary of misspellings and mispronunciations, but we decided to go for it anyway. We already know that we will often just call her Kynli.

So what were weeks 20-25 like? Well Baby Makynli grew and grew!




We completed our baby registry .. which was super overwhelming, but also fun!


I ate lots of watermelon .. seriously lots. 

The nursery was cleaned out and painted! You can check out some of my inspiration for the nursery here. I can't wait until it is finished!  (Thanks for helping Madison!)



And here we are at Week 26: 

Symptoms: Some occasional aches and pains and heartburn, but the worst of the fatigue seems to have passed. Instead, I haven't been sleeping fantastic, but that is normal as well. Also, pregnancy brain is real. I even had a dream that I forgot how to get to school!

Cravings: Umm .. one day I wanted a donut? I've eaten a lot of watermelon? (Which is a pregnancy super food, by the way). To my husband's disappointment, I haven't had wild and crazy cravings that he must go get for me right now.

Clothing: I live in gym shorts because its summer, but I have actually bought a few things for work. Almost everything I have bought has come from consignment or thrift stores and I have found that sizing up sometimes works just as well!

Baby: Is the size of an eggplant, around 9 inches and 2 lbs. She will be opening her eyes this week and is quite the gymnast!

Looking forward to: My gestational diabetes test next week! Ha- joking! Working on the nursery and our first baby shower next weekend!




Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment