Friday, July 10, 2015

friday favorites: visions of pink and gray nurseries

Oh you know, just a little Friday nursery planning happening over here! 

Justin recruited some help this week and actually began turning our extra pink bedroom into a nursery! Even though the walls were already a lighter pink from the previous owners, we were not crazy about the color and decided to paint them a light gray.

I knew I didn't want a "themed" nursery, so I decided on a pink and gray color scheme with some possible teal touches. Check out some of my favorite looks and sources of inspiration so far!


My first source of inspiration comes from this photo from Design Seeds. I love the colors and the slightly "shabby chic" quality.

Sources (clockwise from the top)
(1)(2)(3)(4)

I have found quite a few beautiful pink and gray nurseries on Pinterest and Project Nursery to serve as sources of inspiration. I love how dainty, soft, and elegant these nurseries feel.

Sources (Clockwise from top)
(1)(2)(3)(4)

All of these details are simply adorable! Cute storage solutions, a DIY monogram, ruffled pink curtains, and sweet artwork .. all things I could easily put into this space!

Sources (clockwise from top)
(1)(2)(3)

I also just love using these Ikea picture ledges in new way for books. These would fit just perfectly between the windows in the room. I am also a huge fan of the Ikea dresser in picture number 2 for the changing pad and a basket for diapering needs. Sounds like we need to make a trip to Ikea!

The last picture is the actual crib bedding set we have picked out from Babies R Us. Turns out it has actually been discontinued, but the store was willing to save the floor model for us at half price! A potential crisis (I had my heart set on this one already) should end up working out in our favor!

I can't wait until we manage to have a finished nursery in the next few months. What are your favorite baby girl nursery looks?

Linking up today at:
Life In Leggings
Momfessionals
Diary of a Real Housewife
Meet @ The Barre  

1 comment:

  1. I was scrolling through all of the link-ups on A Little Bit of Everything Blog and your link caught my eye because my baby girl's nursery is pink and grey, too! She is 16 months now and not a day goes by that I don't fall in love with her nursery all over again. You should definitely go with the pink and grey... you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete