Saturday, September 26, 2015

DIY blanket ladder + nursery peek

Hello friends & happy Fall! 

September .. where have you gone? I seem to be asking that question often ... we have been so busy the last few weeks. It has rained non stop for 2 days now, so that was a good excuse to stay home this weekend and get some things done! (like writing over 50 Thank you notes!)

The nursery is one thing we have been working hard on .. and it still needs a few finishing touches. I have a sneak peek to share with you and a DIY project that Justin completed this week.


 I just love how this monogram I ordered off Etsy turned out! We chose unfinished wood and then Justin spray painted it the correct color. A little bit of ribbon and this project was complete!

Justin also finished a blanket ladder this week. I came across this project on Pinterest from Shanty 2 Chic and knew it would be a perfect addition to the nursery. Follow the link for your own free plans!


We chose to stain the ladder in Rustoleum's Dark Walnut- except it was wiped off immediately because we didn't want it to be dark. This is the perfect way to display all of the sweet blankets we have received (several of which are handmade!). I also love the slightly rustic touch it adds to a mostly white room.





I have a few more small projects to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment