Saturday, November 21, 2015

welcome to the world sweet baby girl!

"Before you were born
we dreamed of you, we imagined you,
& we prayed for you.
Now that you are here
we hope for you, we love you,
& we thank God for you."

To my sweet baby girl,

Today I sat rocking you to sleep in the chair in your room and I as I looked out the window I suddenly noticed that the leaves had completed their colorful journey through fall and the branches of the trees were bare. I remembered bringing you home from the hospital and how those same leaves had just began to turn hues of yellow and orange as I nursed and rocked you in that space for the first time. I thought about how even before that I had sat in that chair before you were born and wondered and prayed for you . Oh how time passes so quickly! The seasons change and come and go and before I know it you are almost a month old.

Your entrance into the world was fast and furious and took Daddy and I a bit by surprise. Everything happened very quickly, so quickly in fact that Mommy didn't have time for any pain medication! My entire labor was less than 4 hours and Daddy didn't even have time to move the car out of the unloading zone before I was taken back to the delivery room. The experience wasn't anything like we had expected, but when the doctor laid you on my chest for the first time it felt surreal. After 9 months of anxiously waiting you were suddenly here!

We were smitten with your tiny toes and fingers and those hands you love to have up by your face. I never imagined you would look like me, but there is no denying that you are mine. Our hearts were so full as we began this journey of watching you learn, grow and discover the world!

These newborn days can be hard and overwhelming. Daddy and I are tired and often feel helpless as to why you are crying. Our arms ache from holding and feeding you. But these days are precious too and I know they are fleeting. I've tried to etch the feel and look of your little body into my memory and your sweet little newborn grunts. I want to remember that fresh out of the bath baby smell and I what it is like to cuddle with you on my chest.

Oh Makynli Grace, you are a priceless gift and you fill our hearts and home with love and joy.  And as much as Daddy and I love you, God loves you more.We're so glad you are here- welcome to the world sweet baby girl!





















Makynli Grace
10-25-15
11:53 am
5 lbs 14 oz
20 inches long





No comments:

Post a Comment