Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ikea bookshelf + nightstand hack!

Hi friends,

I have more nursery projects to share with you today! Besides hanging some items on the wall, things are finished! (Which is a good thing as my due date is only 4 weeks away!)

Justin took a plain Ikea bookshelf (like the one below) and added a stained wooden top. It was an amazing before and after transformation!






 Once I saw how great the bookshelf turned out, I insisted that the nightstand needed the same wooden top!

Here is the plain white nightstand:



And here is how it turned out as well!






I adore the mix of the wooden tops and white bases. I think it really helps to break up all of the white and give the room a slightly more rustic look so that it isn't overly girly! Plus, Ikea furniture is budget friendly as well!

Sources:
Bookcase: Ikea Kallax series
Nightstand: Ikea Hemnes series
Stain: Rustoleum's Dark Walnut

You can also check out the DIY Blanket Ladder that is pictured here!

No comments:

Post a Comment