Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dining and Kitchen Reveal!

Hello there!

I can not believe it has been a month since my last post! The past month has been very, very busy! My in-laws visited one weekend, my family visited this weekend, we went home to North Carolina for a long weekend, several training classes for my job, church fundraisers, a date to Atlantic Station, sickness, work, and we joined a gym! Whew!

I have been waiting forever to do this reveal .. not because it was finished but because it has been half way there for quite some time! We have been working on our dining room and kitchen and besides needing some new photos of us, it is done! Well, we are planning to repaint our cabinets this summer and I am sure I will find some things later to add, but it is finished for now!

You will see some of the projects that I mentioned in my Pin-spiration post a few weeks ago. Here are some of the photos from Pintrest that I used for inspiration for decorating:


 Source: For Rent

 Source: Young House Love

Here is how it all turned out!
















Get the details:
  • Kitchen backsplash: Hope Depot. We installed it ourselves!
  • Dining room table: DIY by my hubby! This was his first big wood working project! The plans he used are in the link above!
  • Dining room chairs: a website that I can't remember ... but these are very common chairs.
  • Curtains: Kohls
  • Curtain rods: Big Lots
  • Stools: Big Lots
  • Chalkboard Menu: DIY using chalkboard paint and a platter from Garden Ridge
  • Key rack with monogram: Key rack is from Big Lots, monogram is DIY from leftover scraps
  • White floating shelves: Ikea
  • White pitcher: Ikea
  • Silver candles: Ikea
  • White frames:Ikea. One of them holds a canvas of one our wedding pictures. The other is scrapbook paper that I DIYed onto burlap.
  • Smaller dark frames: Kohls (on clearance!)
  • Bigger dark frame: Garden Ridge. The print is something I found on Etsy.
  • Mason Jar: DIY
  • The C: Hobby Lobby
  • Silver Platter: Wedding gift
  • Burlap table runner: Etsy
  • Center piece: The large candle holder is from Kohls (clearance!), the wood disc was DIY by my hubby for our wedding, and the "filler" is from the Dollar General. 
  • Love, hope, joy plaques: Dollar General, many years ago!
  • "Faith Is Daring the Soul ..." Artwork: Kirklands

Happy decorating! :)





3 comments:

  1. just discover your site and i love it! and this kitchen and dining room is absolutely gorgeous. thanks for sharing.

    Kitchen Cabinet Santa Fe
    Rustic Kitchen Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these outstanding pictures . These are really beautiful. thanks for sharing with us

    Cleveland Kitchen Cabinets
    Cleveland Dining Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kitchen and dining is absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about it


    Kitchen Cabinets Parker
    Denver Dining Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete