Tuesday, February 25, 2014

a DIY window frame

Hi friends,

I'm excited to share this long awaited project with you today .. it has been on my to-do list for what seems like forever!

Along with my love for mason jars and wooden signs I have a love for old windows as well. They are rustic and unexpected and beautiful whether plain or a little dressed up. I have been pinning inspirational pictures of ways to use old windows for months now. Check out some of my  favorites:


Sources clockwise from top: (1) (2) (3) (4)

Several months ago I had bought a $5 window from the Habitat ReStore. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for because it only had 2 panes but I repainted it cream and used it anyway. You can see it used several times above my mantel in previous posts! This past Christmas I bought an old window from a antique store with this project in mine. I had originally thought I would either repaint it or stain it but decided I liked the shabbyness of the cracked paint. You can see it used here in my winter mantel!

And today my pictures from Shutterfly FINALLY arrived so I used some tape to attach the photos to the glass. And really that is it for this DIY project!


Love it! Maybe later on I will add some words like in the photos above. So many choices!

Oh and if you want a new "old" frame, you can find them at Target!  I have also seen them at Kirklands. :)

1 comment:

  1. That’s a great DIY project! I love your idea of putting inspirational pictures on the old window. It’s more effective to put your artistic ideas in the things you already own, right? In any way, thanks for sharing such a lovely idea, Carol! Kudos and all the best to you!

    Lynne Hollaran @ Suburban Glass

    ReplyDelete