Sunday, February 9, 2014

winter jam + winter mantel

Hey ya'll!

The weekend is winding down and I am busy preparing for another week.


Friday night was of course spent watching the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics .. my hubby is quite serious about the Olympics! But those USA sweaters .. oh my!

Just in case you forgot what they looked liked!

Saturday afternoon we headed downtown to the Georgia Dome to stand in line for Winter Jam, a large, inexpensive concert with many different artists. It was an experience .. the crowd was INTENSE. It took us forever to find a seat. I'm not sure I would I would necessarily want to go again, but we did see Nik Wallenda walk across the Georgia Dome on a tight rope! He has also walked across the Grand Canyon and Niagra Falls .. crazy! 



Colton Dixon is down there somewhere! 

Today I finally got the old window I had purchased over Christmas cleaned up and ready to place on my mantel .. I am planning on adding some pictures to it very soon! 

For my Winter Mantel I had wanted to add some garland using snowflakes but by the time I made it to the after Christmas sales I couldn't find any. Next year! Same goes for a winter themed wreath. I kept things simple and mainly white ... I used the mason jars that I had made for Christmas and the plate is a DIY project you can find here. I finally found some white candle holders for a really good price (at Dollar General of all places). I added some limbs for a rustic touch in my vases as well.




And a few more winter touches in my dining room.



That's all for today! More winter weather is possibly headed to the south again .. so have a great week and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment