Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Laundry Room Mini Makeover

Happy snowy, icy, some kind of winter weather day!

I hope you are staying warm and safe during this second big round of winter weather in the last few weeks .. we have some serious ice here in Georgia!

Enough about the weather!  Today I wanted to share my Laundry Room Mini makeover that I completed a few weeks ago. This project was inspired by a friend on Facebook who posted a picture of her laundry area and only took a few hours to complete!


I use the term "Laundry Room" loosely because to be honest we commonly refer to this area as our "laundry foyer." This space is located off our kitchen and is where the door to our garage is so we have to go through it every time we come and go. And, it doesn't have a door to close it off from the rest of the house. This is probably my least favorite thing about my house! You do not realize how loud a washer and dryer are until they are fairly open to the rest of our your house! Plus, there isn't anywhere to place dirty clothes or sort laundry. It has to stay looking nice because everyone who comes through is going to see it!

This is literally the only room in our house that we have not painted. We have talked about it, but it would be extra work to move the washer and dryer. (Not to mention .. where would we move them to?) When we moved in the top shelf was already installed but is very difficult for my short self to reach. I convinced Justin to add the second shelf and it was literally the only money we spent on this project! These baskets are not my usual color scheme or quality but they were ones that I already had left over from my classroom. They came from the Dollar Tree and right now are holding dish towels, cleaning rags, light bulbs, laundry items like stain remover and a lint roller, and our cat's treats and toys. With the addition of another shelf I was able to take a few big items out of my pantry and store them here instead, allowing my pantry a little breathing room! It is very simple, but much more pleasing to the eye now.

The only thing missing is a sign about Laundry .. I have been looking but so far I just haven't found one I love!



 If you do not have an ironing board and iron holder they are a must! It is a very simple way to store them.



This space is really small and therefore really difficult to photograph!

That's all for today!

I am linking up at I Heart Organizing!


1 comment:

  1. Carol, great space and great colored baskets! Thank you for sharing with us at Get Your DIY on with your Room Revamp. I hope you'll join us next month for your Pinterest Inspired Project!

    ReplyDelete