Wednesday, April 9, 2014

DIY rustic aisle decorations

Hi ya'll!

It has been fun so far sharing inspiration and DIY projects from our own wedding! Today I wanted to share our very simple, but pretty, aisle decorations.

If you read my overview post about our wedding then you will remember we got married outside on a farm. We had chosen to get married in front of the arbor, which was beside the barn where our reception was. The natural landscape didn't really require a lot of decorating so we kept it very simple.




As you can see, keeping with our rustic, summer decorations, we hung mason jars with flowers in them from shepherd hooks that our wedding location already had. The mason jars were very inexpensive and I simply embellished them with ribbon from Micheal's. The flowers I actually bought from a wholesale website and to be honest, I strongly caution you from going this route! It worked out in the end but these flowers were the source of my mini pre-wedding panic! (more on this another time!)

 As always, I found some other, similar, ideas on Pinterest!

Sources from top to bottom, clockwise.

I am really loving the hanging lanterns with the mason jars!

And, here are some other ideas for aisle decorations other than mason jars on shepherd hooks.I found so many more as well .. Pinterest will not disappoint!


Sources from top to bottom, clockwise.
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

You can see more wedding posts here:

I am linking up today at Wedding Wednesday and Love Always, Nancy J!





2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Jordan's link up! We are getting married in a church and we are going to have flowers lining every other pew going down the aisle...so pretty to have those accents! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding looks incredibly charming! Sorry to hear the flowers caused you stress (and I'm curious to hear your story!), but excited that everything worked out in the end! Your inspiration photos are also beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete