Monday, April 27, 2015

budget master bedroom reveal!

Hi friends,

After we moved into our new home I was ready for a different look in our master bedroom. I wanted a more cozy, grown up feel and of course my current favorite shade of grey was the way to go! And as always, this makeover was budget friendly as well.


Our bedroom started off as pretty blank slate- just tan walls in need of a paint job. I searched for  months for a white and grey comforter and finally found not only one, but two at TJ Maxx I would have been happy to bring home. I choose one of them and then quickly picked out a paint color. Curtains, as always, were the most difficult find. I ended up getting a great deal at Kohls! However, the best deal we found was the reading chair that Justin had been searching for on clearance for less than a $100 at Christmas Tree Shops. We still need to purchase a lamp to go with the chair, but it is a nice sunny area to relax in!




We also decided to make our dresser look more modern by taking down the attached mirror. Instead, I hung up my $5 window from the Habitat Restore and a homemade sign. I am still searching for a small wreath I can hang on the window and maybe a topiary arrangement for the dresser.




I was really pleased with how it turned out! Here is the run down on materials:

Comforter Set: TJ Maxx
Curtains: Kohls (sale, coupon)
Reading chair: Christmas Tree Shops (clearance, coupon)
Wooden signs: homemade (see here and here)
All furniture previously owned (see here for our previous master bedroom)

Linking up today with: A Bowl Full of Lemons



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous room! I love the curtains and the chair they give the room that feeling of completeness. Visiting from How To Get Organized At Home via A Bowl Full Of Lemons :)

    ReplyDelete