Sunday, March 20, 2016

my pretend entry way and DIY shelf

Oh hey friends!

It has been 2 whole months since I have sat down to blog about anything ... I went back to work and the slow pace and uncluttered life with a newborn is a thing of the past. I had thought I would at least post monthly updates, but that hasn't happened either.

The good news is that Spring Break is just around the corner! 

In the midst of all the busyness, the hubby finished up a project in our kitchen and dining room. These rooms are now officially finished .. until I decide to change around some decor! (Check out our Farmhouse Kitchen and Dining updates here!) This house doesn't have a true entryway, so I decided to pretend that an empty space in our kitchen was going to serve as our "entry way." We certainly drop things in this area when we get home, so why not make it pretty and functional.

I was inspired by the girls from Shanty 2 Chic to have Justin build a simple shelf with some hooks to go above a thrifted bench I found at my favorite local consignment store. I would have loved, loved, loved to have planked this wall as well, but the dear husband says planking is much too personal for resale.



(If I had not already found a bench I liked, this bench would have been on the DIY list as well!)

Here's how this space turned out: 





The 2 frames that actually have pictures in them both came from a super clearance sale at Kohls and the other frame and pillow are clearance finds from Kirklands. The letters of our last name were a souvenir from a trip to the market in downtown Charleston on vacation a few years ago.

I have tons and tons of beautiful entryways pinned to inspire me .. here are just a few of my favorites!


Sources clockwise from top: (1) (2) (3) (4)


Happy Palm Sunday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment