Monday, January 25, 2016

currently: the dining room


Hi friends,

After sharing our updated kitchen last week, I thought maybe a look at our dining room would be appropriate!

 (You can check out our Kitchen updates here!)

Our dining room hasn't undergone any major changes-- really just paint, decorating, and a more updated light fixture. It is actually very similar to the dining room we had in our previous home in terms of how it is decorated. I used most of the same pieces and added in just a few new ones.


Our dining room table is a DIY project by my husband from several years ago. We are thinking that this summer we may be ready for slightly different look as this one never turned out the color we had envisioned. No highchair in this space quite yet, but it is waiting in the attic!

For the longest time our walls were bare because we were waiting until we began our kitchen updates and repainted the space. Adding the curtains and shelves made a huge difference and definitely helped the space seem more homey!


These Ikea shelves were inspired by these photos from Crafty Teacher Lady and Young House Love.



 A closer look at how they are currently styled.


I am loving this little vignette I created from a wooden disc (handmade by my husband for our wedding), an assortment of glass jars, and an Ikea pitcher. Plus, the framed print only cost me a few cents for the cardstock it is printed on!


My current centerpiece is a piece of handmade pottery I brought home from Honduras 2 summers ago!



I was finally able to get my DIY chalkboard menu back up! This was a simple project from a few years ago where I turned a metal platter into the perfect menu.

Here's the details:
Paint Color: Requsite Gray by Sherwin Williams
Bar stools: Kirklands
Chalkboard: World Market
Home Sweet Home Sign: Hobby Lobby
Table Runner: Jane.com
Shelves: Ikea
Items on shelves: Assorted- Ikea, antique stores, Goodwill, At Home, Kohls
Light fixture: Lowes
Curtains: Kohls






No comments:

Post a Comment